Are you looking for an effective way to take control of your addiction and break free from its hold? Addiction therapy may be the solution. But you may wonder, “Is addiction therapy right for me?” After all, addiction therapy benefits people who are usually in rehab programs already. Call 844.540.0357 to speak with someone from the caring and compassionate team at Painted Desert Recovery about our New Harmony, Utah, addiction therapy programs and rehab programs.
What Are Addiction Therapy Programs?
Before delving into the benefits of addiction therapy, learning about addiction therapy is crucial. Addiction therapy programs are comprehensive treatments designed to help individuals overcome addiction in a safe, supportive environment.
The type of addiction therapy program that is right for you will depend on your individual needs and the severity of your addiction. Some common types of programs include the following:
- Cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT) – This psychotherapy is designed to help individuals identify and change their thought patterns, behaviors, and emotions that lead to addiction.
- Motivational interviewing (MI) – This approach is designed to help individuals recognize their addiction and its consequences on their lives.
- 12-Step programs – These support groups are for those struggling with addiction, providing a safe space to find strength in recovery.
- Dialectical behavior therapy (DBT) – This form of CBT is used to help individuals regulate their emotions, build healthy relationships, and provide problem-solving skills.
- Equine therapy – This therapy involves spending time with horses to help individuals overcome addiction and build a sense of purpose and connection.
- Trauma-informed therapy – This type of therapy is designed to help individuals understand the connection between past traumatic events and addiction.
Each type has a unique approach to treating addiction and can be tailored to your needs.
Who Benefits the Most from Addiction Therapy?
Anyone who is struggling with an addiction can benefit from addiction therapy. This includes those struggling with alcoholism, drug abuse, gambling addictions, or any other form of substance use disorder (SUD) or compulsive behavior disorder. However, those not ready to commit to a full-time program may benefit more from outpatient services such as group counseling or one-on-one sessions with a trained therapist.
Benefits of Undergoing Addiction Therapy
The benefits of addiction therapy are a massive part of why addiction treatment plans typically lead to successful outcomes for the women undergoing care at our facility. Some benefits to expect include the following:
- Improved relationships – Addressing underlying issues such as trauma or mental health disorders can help improve relationships with family members, friends, co-workers, and others.
- Increased self-confidence – Learning new skills and techniques for managing stressors can increase self-confidence in all areas of life.
- Coping skills – Developing positive coping skills helps individuals better manage triggers that could lead to relapse.
- More meaningful activities – Discovering new interests and activities gives individuals something productive to focus on rather than using drugs or alcohol.
- A network of support – Developing strong bonds with peers in group counseling provides a sense of security, knowing a community is available for support when needed.
To experience these benefits, consider professional help to overcome addiction. If you’re in Utah, contact Painted Desert Recovery’s caring and compassionate team.
Experience the Benefits of Addiction Therapy in Utah at Painted Desert Recovery
Whether you’re ready for residential treatment or just starting your journey toward sobriety, Painted Desert Recovery offers a range of specialized therapies for women in Utah struggling with substance use disorders. Our comprehensive approach to care provides clients with the tools they need to follow an addiction treatment plan while rebuilding their lives. Contact Painted Desert Recovery today at 844.540.0357 to learn more about the benefits of addiction therapy at our treatment center in Utah.