Detox is the natural process in which the body removes toxins and other components from drugs or alcohol. It takes time, but this is the most effective way to cleanse the body. A holistic detox ensures that the process is natural and safe. For many people, this is critical to living a pure life and reclaiming health most effectively. At Painted Desert Recovery, this type of detox is one of the wide range of services we offer.
Holistic Detox Provides Healing Naturally
When choosing a drug detox program, it is best to choose a program that offers a variety of solutions to help the detox process. In some situations, there are medications available that can ease the pain of withdrawal and the cravings that come with it. These are not natural substances but often manufactured chemicals. In some situations, they are beneficial and should be considered.
For those who want a natural and holistic detox, there are other therapies that can help to ease the process without requiring the use of chemical medications. You may feel some withdrawal symptoms and cravings, but this process provides all of the necessary therapies to help ease that discomfort.
Some of the therapies available at Painted Desert Recovery that may help include:
- Nutrition therapy – By providing the body with the nutrition it needs, it can heal the damage from addiction more effectively and efficiently.
- Equine therapy – This type of therapy enables people to work on the pain they feel with horses, often learning from and interacting with horses to gain confidence and clarity.
- Group therapy – For many people, just talking about what’s happening and what they feel can be cathartic. It can also create opportunities to learn from others what type of therapy can help.
- Natural therapy – Spending time outdoors and surrounded by nature can be healing itself. This can provide a good way to encourage the body’s immune system to work at its best.
- Trauma-informed therapy – This may not sound like a way to reduce the pain from detoxing, but working through your past trauma can be motivating. It is most certainly something that will help you heal from addiction.
Are Drug Detox and Alcohol Detox Programs Effective?
This is perhaps one of the most crucial questions people want to know. Can a holistic detox program help them to finally stop using these substances? The answer is yes. That’s because detox is natural. It’s what the body knows how to do. That means that, over a period of time, with ample support, the body can work to heal from the damage caused by these toxins. Your brain learns how to function without them. Your body does as well. The result is that you no longer feel the dependence and intense cravings any longer.
A Holistic Detox Program Means Focusing on Therapy
While detox is a physical process, it’s also important to remember the value of therapy. Individual and group therapy sessions allow you to interact with others and work through many of the struggles you’re facing. That may include turmoil in your family, negative thought patterns, anxiety, and depression, as well as trauma. Holistic detox is one of the tools you’ll find at Painted Desert Recovery because it is one of the most innovative and effective solutions available.
Explore a Wide Range of Therapy Options at Painted Desert Recovery
Having access to a holistic detox may be most beneficial for those who need detoxification from alcohol or drugs. You may find that this, along with a wide range of other services and therapies we offer, can better prepare you for long-term addiction recovery. Learn more about how Painted Desert Recovery can help you when you call 844.540.0357 or reach out to us online.