There are many components to recovering from drug and alcohol addiction. One aspect is learning about yourself and the challenges that caused you to begin an addiction. During individual therapy at Painted Desert Recovery, you’ll work on many of these aspects. Yet, other therapy options can help, too, including art therapy for addiction. At Painted Desert Recovery, a significant part of what we do is to empower you to see the change you desire.
How Art Therapy for Addiction Helps You
Art is one of the most interesting types of therapy available for addiction. How does art help with recovery? Sometimes it can be hard to see what this connection is. However, art therapy for addiction offers a number of benefits to you, including:
- You express your thoughts and feelings without having to use words. For many, this is perhaps the most important way of using art therapy.
- You explore your experiences more fully without having to use words to communicate. Using art, it’s possible to talk about what’s happening.
- You communicate your emotions in real-time. Hold onto those emotions in drawings, clay, or other pieces of art. When your art communicates emotions, it helps you to process those feelings so you can move forward.
- You reveal the unconscious feelings and trauma you have. Take the time to work through these difficult times in a rewarding manner.
- You deal with challenges so you can move beyond them. This may include getting better sleep, improving social relationships, and building more confidence in yourself.
Art is more than just painting a picture. It is an effective way of communicating, expressing, and dealing with what’s happened to you and what your future holds.
Explore Art Therapy Ideas for a Better Future
Finding the right way to express yourself is critical. The good news is there are many ways you can do that. There’s no real limit to the type of art you can explore. Some of the most common art therapy ideas include:
- Painting pictures or simply painting with colors representative of feelings and thoughts
- Drawing, scribbling, doodling, or otherwise putting pencil to paper to create an image
- Use your hands to sculpt molding clay and create pottery
- Use images and pictures to create a collage of all of the feelings or experiences you are having
- Carve an image of something meaningful to you
There is no limitation to the ways you can use art to express yourself. There are no rules, and there are no boundaries. The more you let yourself express yourself through art, the more you’ll learn about who you are and what your future holds.
How Our Team Provides the Support You Need
Painted Desert Recovery offers the tools you need to work towards recovery from painting therapy to many other art therapy ideas. We are focused on providing you with a wide range of resources so you can find the type of therapy best suited for your best recovery. Some of the therapies we offer that may support your wellbeing include:
- Trauma-informed therapy
- Equine therapy program
- Nutrition and food therapy
- Experiential therapy programs
- Art therapy programs
- Group therapy programs
You can find a wide range of resources available to change your future. Take the time now to invest in your health and your future. Art is just one of the ways you can change your future.
Choose to Improve Your Health by Contacting Painted Desert Recovery Today
Art therapy for addiction could be a component of your long-term recovery. Finding a way to move beyond your addiction into a healthy future starts with reaching out for treatment. Our team at Painted Desert Recovery can offer the support you need. Take a few minutes to learn more about our treatment options and resources. Call us at 844.540.0357 or connect with us now online.