Stimulant addiction treatment is a process of healing and recovery. It can be challenging to navigate recovery, so it’s essential to understand and manage your stimulant addiction treatment expectations. Call 844.540.0357 to speak with someone from Painted Desert Recovery about the signs of stimulant addiction, stimulant drug treatment, what to expect from it, and our stimulant drug addiction treatment in Utah.
What Are the Common Addictive Stimulants?
Stimulants are drugs that increase activity in the brain and body. The most commonly abused stimulants include the following:
However, some prescription medications—like those for treating attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD)—can also be abused. These drugs provide short-term effects such as increased alertness, concentration, energy levels, and euphoria. However, long-term risks are also associated with using these drugs, including anxiety, insomnia, paranoia, and aggression.
Stimulant addiction develops when someone uses these drugs frequently or in high doses over an extended period. Increased tolerance leads to larger doses which can cause physical dependence on the drug. Sometimes, stimulants are called “study drugs,” especially by teens. It’s no secret that stimulants can help people focus and stay alert, which is why they’re often prescribed for conditions like ADHD. But for some people, stimulants can have an even more powerful effect—improving cognitive performance. This has led to the widespread misuse of stimulants by teens who want to improve their academic performance.
But while stimulants may help you ace your next test, there are risks associated with using them without a prescription. Stimulant addiction is a real danger, and taking these drugs without proper supervision can lead to dangerous consequences. As dependence increases, so do cravings—leading to compulsive use even when it’s not safe or healthy. When this happens, an addiction develops.
What Are the Signs of Stimulant Addiction?
The signs of stimulant addiction vary from person to person but are typically characterized by the following:
- Aggressive behavior
- Changes in appetite or weight
- Changes in physical appearance
- Compulsive use despite negative consequences
- Difficulty sleeping
- Emotional disturbances
- Financial difficulties
- Impaired judgment
- Neglecting responsibilities
- Social isolation
- Withdrawal symptoms when not using
If you notice any of these signs in yourself or someone else, it’s essential to seek help immediately from a professional addiction treatment program.
What to Expect from Stimulant Addiction Treatment
Stimulant addiction treatment is highly individualized and should be tailored to meet each person’s unique needs. However, stimulant addiction treatment programs typically include the following components:
- Detox – The first step in stimulant addiction treatment is detoxification. This process helps individuals rid their bodies of stimulants and can be done in a residential or outpatient setting.
- Therapy – Counseling is an essential component of stimulant addiction treatment, and individual, group, and family therapy sessions can help individuals work through the underlying causes of their stimulant use.
- Medication management – Stimulants are potent drugs that can significantly affect the brain and body. Medication management can help regulate stimulant use and prevent relapse.
- Aftercare – Stimulant drug treatment does not end when an individual completes an addiction treatment program. Ongoing aftercare should be part of any stimulant addiction treatment plan to ensure long-term sobriety.
Not everyone has the same stimulant addiction treatment expectations. In some cases, someone struggling with stimulant addiction may need a program with a specific format to heal appropriately. You may seek gender-specific treatment if your stimulant addiction case involves gender-based trauma or medical problems.
At Painted Desert Recovery, our programs for women struggling with addiction are created with a trauma-informed approach, particularly focusing on nutrition therapy.
Find Stimulant Addiction Treatment in Utah at Painted Desert Recovery
If you’re looking for stimulant addiction treatment in Utah, contact Painted Desert Recovery today at 844.540.0357. Our knowledgeable staff is here to answer your questions and help you find the right stimulant addiction treatment program for you or someone you love. Let us help you get the care and support needed to recover from stimulant addiction fully.