When someone is prescribed opiate drugs by a doctor, the medication can be very effective in helping patients to feel better. All too often, however, after the legitimate prescription expires, the need to use opiates remains. As a result, some people turn to illegal opiate drugs to achieve the same feeling. Soon, an opiate addiction becomes apparent.
The best solution to end an opiate addiction is to enter an addiction treatment center, such as Painted Desert Recovery. If you are a woman who may have an opiate addiction, Painted Desert Recovery can help. We proudly offer a female-specific approach to opiate addiction treatment.
What Drugs Are Opiates?
Opiates are a group of drugs that are used medically to relieve pain but also have a high potential for addiction. Some opiates come from a resin taken from the seed pod of the Asian poppy.
Opiate drugs act by binding to specific receptors in neurons in the brain and other parts of the body. Opiate receptors are normally responsible for many different processes in the body. These receptors can regulate the body’s response to stress and pain, breathing, temperature regulation, mood, motivation, and digestive activity.
There are naturally occurring opiates, such as:
There are also opiate derivatives:
- Vicodin (Hydrocodone),
- Percocet (Oxycodone)
- Oxycontin (Long-acting Oxycodone)
Why Are Opiate Drugs So Addictive?
Opiates create artificial endorphins in the brain, which produce warm, good feelings in the user in the early stages of use. But over time, opiates trick the brain into stopping the production of these endorphins naturally. At this point, the only way someone with an opiate addiction can experience positive feelings is by using the drug.
That’s why it’s so important to receive opiate addiction treatment at a facility like Painted Desert Recovery. If people try to stop using opiate drugs on their own, they risk serious medical complications due to the chemical changes in the brain. Our Painted Desert Recovery staff will gradually ease your dependence on opiate drugs through medication, if necessary. We have medically trained staff on hand to guide you throughout detoxification.
Benefits of Opiate Addiction Treatment
Opiate addiction treatment at Painted Desert Recovery has many benefits, including:
- An outstanding staff – Our staff provides the highest level of care for women at our facility. We have years of experience helping women take back control of their lives from opiate addiction.
- Medical detox capabilities – We have the training and resources to use medication during a detoxification process. We will make your transition away from opiate addiction as comfortable as possible.
- Holistic treatment – The opiate addiction treatment program at Painted Desert Recovery enhances the physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual well-being of women in our care.
- Gender-specific treatment – Women are more likely to be abuse or assault survivors, and the treatment programs at Painted Desert Recovery help heal the resulting emotional wounds.
- Support system – The women that you meet in treatment become a source of comfort and strength both during treatment and beyond.
- Lower chance of relapse – You build a foundation of skills and strategies in treatment that will help you to maintain recovery long after you complete our program.
Start Your Recovery from Opiate Drugs Now
The gender-specific treatment you receive at Painted Desert Recovery can give you the physical, mental, and emotional strength you need to end your use of opiate drugs. If you or a loved one is battling an opiate addiction, our compassionate team can help. Contact us today by calling 844.540.0357 or completing our convenient online form. Your recovery journey can start as soon as you reach out to our team today.