If you’re looking for a professional women’s alcohol addiction treatment program, you or someone you care about will have the best chance at overcoming an alcohol-related problem. Whether the problem is drinking too much, drinking too fast, or drinking too often, alcohol-related issues are among the most significant public health concerns in the country. More than 14 million adults ages 18 and older are struggling with alcohol use disorder (AUD), and one in 10 children lives with a parent who has a drinking problem.
The great news is that professional intervention is beneficial for more people with drinking problems. In fact, research shows that about one-third of individuals that have received professional alcohol addiction treatment have no further symptoms one year later. Searching for a women’s alcohol addiction treatment program in Utah? Contact Painted Desert Recovery today. Call 844.540.0357 or reach out to our team online.
What Are the Signs That Someone Needs Professional Help for Alcohol Addiction?
AUD is a medical condition that doctors diagnose when a patient’s alcohol drinking behaviors cause distress or harm. The condition can range from mild to severe.
The diagnosis is helped by asking a client the following questions — if they answer “yes” to two or more, they may have an AUD. In the past year, have you or did someone you care about:
- Continued to drink, even though drinking was causing trouble with your family or friends?
- Continued to drink, even though it was making you feel depressed or anxious or adding to another health problem?
- Ended up drinking more or longer than you intended?
- Experienced a strong need or urge to drink?
- Experienced alcohol withdrawal symptoms?
- Found that drinking or being sick from drinking often interfered with your responsibilities?
- Given up or cut back on activities that were previously important or interesting to you?
- Had to drink much more to get the effect you wanted?
- More than once wanted to stop drinking or tried to quit but couldn’t?
- More than once got into situations while or after drinking that increased chances of getting hurt?
- Spent a lot of time drinking or being sick while getting over the aftereffects of drinking?
The more questions you respond to positively, the more urgent the need for professional intervention.
What Are the Benefits of Gender-Specific Treatment?
Men and women are, in general, drawn to use different addictive substances. Besides that difference, they also have contrasting goals and expectations from addiction treatment. Gender-specific treatments help to make sure that each gender receives what they need. Among the benefits of gender-specific treatment are the following:
- A focus on each gender’s physical, psychological, and emotional needs
- Decreased distractions and sexual tension
- Increased comfort in bonding and trusting same-sex peers
- Open communication about gender, cultural, and social pressures
When Should You Consider a Women’s Alcohol Addiction Treatment Program?
Rehab programs are challenging for all types of people struggling with AUD. However, help for alcohol addiction can be both supportive and comfortable. With the number of programs available to people struggling with AUD in the country, you will find the ideal program for you or someone you care about—no matter what your age, gender, or co-occurring disorder is.
The struggle with alcohol addiction is difficult for everyone. However, women face unique circumstances. Sometimes, getting admitted into a women-specific addiction treatment program is not just a luxury or a comfort, but an actual need. For example, a woman may not feel safe discussing a traumatic experience that led to the development of her alcohol addiction if men are present. This can hinder her addiction recovery.
Ready to Learn More About Painted Desert’s Women’s Alcohol Addiction Treatment Program?
If you’re looking for a women’s alcohol addiction treatment program in Utah, contact Painted Desert Recovery today. Reach out to our team online or call 844.540.0357.